My kids expects a hot breakfast every morning so I’m always looking for different things to make. Most times it’s usually the usual, eggs and bacon with your choice of carb, for example: Waffles, Pancakes or French Toast. This day they decided they wanted waffles and it made me think about a breakfast sandwich I made a while back. To me, breakfast taste so much better when everything is combine. I layered these homemade fluffy waffles with fried eggs and bacon. I then added warm cheese on top with a spread of strawberry jam. Talking about it just makes my mouth water all over again.
Frying Eggs: A fried egg is one or more eggs in a frying pan that has been removed from its shell and cooked with minimum to no effort. So basically instead of mixing together scrambled egg like you normally would, you would just crack the egg and began to let it fry. You now have something similar to a sunny side up egg. I then wait for my eggs to crisp up by either adding 2 tbsp of oil or two tbsp of water and covering with a lid until yoke is no longer runny. I personally have a fear of eating anything raw or undercooked so for me to eat it, especially an egg it’ll have to be cooked completely.
Homemade Strawberry Jam: Making any kind of jam is pretty simple. For this sandwich I made Strawberry jam, which only consisted of a few slice strawberries added to a saucepan with sugar, once my strawberry sugar mixture reached a boil I then added lemon juice and let it cook for additional time. Now you don’t have to use homemade anything when making this sandwich honestly, it was something that I preferred. If you don’t have that kind of time, frozen waffles and store bought jam will be great too!
Strawberry Deluxe Waffle SandwichCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Fluffy homemade waffle sandwiches that are layered with Bacon, Fried Eggs and Cheese with Strawberry Jam spreaded on each Waffle slice.
- Waffle Mixture
- Dry Ingredients
2 Cup Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
- Wet Ingredients
1 Stick Butter, Melted
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Equipment Needed
Waffle Maker (Round or Square)
- For waffle mixture, add dry ingredients to a bowl, stir or sift until well combined. Make a hole in the middle of flour mixture (like a nest) set aside. In different bowl add melted butter, vanilla, eggs and whisk until well combined, if it starts to form a thick top layer its still okay, one or more of your ingredients were either too cold or too hot, continue to mix until well combined. Add wet ingredients into hole and fold mixture over until everything is combined. Try no to over stir, as soon as you see everything combined, stop.
- Spray waffle griddle with cooking spray for only the first waffle. Cook waffle until golden brown. Repeat adding mixture until done.
- Follow Instructions on Bacon packaging, once done, set aside.
- For fried eggs. Crack egg into frying pan and cook until edges are crisp. if you like runny yoke, set aside as is or to cook yoke through add a top to skillet and 1/4 cup water.
- Once everything is done, assembly like you would do a sandwich, starting with bread, jam, eggs, bacon, cheese. Repeat until sandwiches are all assembled. Cut waffles in half.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit.
- with this sandwich you could change out the meat and toppings.