Growing up Ramen Noodles were my all-time favorite. I’m really not sure why, but probably because it was less than a dollar. Ramen probably should’ve been a staple piece in our home because we always had them on hand. If we needed a snack and couldn’t find anything els, guess what we had? Noodle. If we didn’t like the dinner my mother prepared for us, guess what we’ll have? Noodles. So yeah we pretty much ate it all the time. It wasn’t until my college days where I learned about the “Authentic Ramen”so I had to give it a try. It blew my mind at how many flavors packed in one bowl. My Spicy Mami Ramen Noodles was my replication of the authentic noodles that actually originated from Yokohama Chinatown. Down below I recreated my own version of the dish incorporating Asian styled noodles, packed with so many flavors topped off with chicken and boiled egg.
Spicy Mami RamenCourse: RecipeCuisine: Japanese, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Spicy Ramen bowl covered in chicken broth, topped with chicken, carrots, Jalapeńo and one sliced boiled egg.
1 oz Simply Asia Japanese Style Ramen Noodles
1 Chicken Breast
1 Sweet Pepper
1 Sliced Jalapeno
1/3 Cup Shredded Carrot
Green Onion (for garnish)
3 cups Water
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 Black Pepper
Pinch of Salt
- Clean chicken breast with cold water and vinager
- Add water and seasoning in saucepan. Bring to a boil
- Once water is boiling, add in chicken and boil egg. cook for 10 minutes or until well done.
- Once chicken and egg is done, take both out only leaving chicken broth. Add Ramen and Sweet Pepper, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once noodles are done pour noodles and broth to serving bowl. Add chicken, boiled egg, carrots and sliced jalapeños on top. Sprinkle with green onion for garnish. Enjoy!