This sweet treat was pretty fun to make and very easy! Although I love making everything from scratch, I chose to have a cheat day because not everyone wants to learn how to cook or bake from scratch and that’s perfectly fine. These are simply from a box, which basically has everything you need already combined together except the wet ingredients. Making desserts from a box doesn’t necessarily have to be plain, to spruce things up a bit I chose to make my family these S’more Brownies tonight and they were so delicious! My kids love Marshmallows. Lets just say I wish I would’ve tried this sooner!
To achieve this S’more brownie after mixing together the wet and dry ingredients until well combined I laid about a cup of brownie batter on the bottom just enough to get the bottom layer covered so the cracker won’t break once I move them from the pan. I then laid the crackers down, followed by marshmallow and the remaining batter. Now I didn’t have miniature marshmallows , but the jumbo worked perfectly. If you’re not a fan of Marshmallows just simply cut it in half before adding the remainder batter. Down below I will post the steps on layering the brownies or you could just jump to the recipeJump to Recipe
with the finishing product looking like so
S’more BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy S’more Brownies that has a Graham Cracker crust topped with Roasted Marshmallows.
1 Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix (I used Pillsbury)
1/4 Cup water
2/3 Cup Oil
4 Whole Graham Crackers
1-2 Cup crushed Graham crackers
4 Giant Marshmallows or 2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- Follow all instructions on Brownie Mix pertaining combining ingredients
- Remove one cup of mixture to spread out evenly in baking dish. Filling it barely, just enough to completely cover bottom. Set aside remainder mixture
- Break graham crackers in half, now giving you 8 squares to lay down one-by-one
- Cut either the giant marshmallows in half to space on each square or sprinkle the cup of marshmallows onto cracker. Since S’mores are usually done with giant marshmallows I keep those and just sliced them in half.
- Pour remaining Brownie Mixture to pan. try to coat every graham cracker evenly. don’t woe about coving the whole graham cracker because we still want to see it through the brownie and also the mixture will rise and cover majority of it on its own.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy.
- If you needed a little more fun to add to it your brownies, you could also sprinkle chocolate syrup over brownies after/before cooling off or you could add 1 cup of miniature marshmallows or chocolate chips inside the mixture to make inside the batter. They would be devious and still come out perfect everytime.