If you love Lasagna then you will love this mouth watering dish! These Stuffed Pasta shells are basically Mini Lasagnas minus all the layering. It’s filled with Ricotta cheese, Tomato Sauce, Ground Beef or Turkey covered two layers of cheese!
Stuffed Jumbo ShellsCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 lb Ground Beef or Turkey
1 box Jumbo Pasta Shells
24 oz Tomato Sauce
2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
2 Tbsp Sugar
8 oz Colby & Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1-2 tbsp Tony Chachere’s
Parsley for garnish (optional)
1 Sliced Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- Add 3 cups of water and pinch of salt to saucepan on high heat until boiling. Once boiling add Jumbo Pasta Shells and cook for about 10 minutes or until Al dente ( cooked halfway through to where it’s still firm to hold)
- Drain noodles. Rinse with cold water to keep them from cooking. Set aside.
- Sauté Bell Pepper and Onion in large skillet, add meat and seasonings, cook until meat is well done. After the meat is done, drain meat and place back into skillet. Add tomato sauce and sugar into meat mixture until well combine
- In separate bowl add Ricotta Cheese and egg. You can also sprinkle in some Parsley if you choose to. Stir ingredients together, set aside.
- In your baking dish add one layer of tomato sauce just enough to cover the bottom of the dish before stuffing shells.
- Add Ricotta Cheese mixture to shell, then meat mixture, repeat stuffing until all shells are stuffed. Some shells may be stacked. This part is optional, but if you like sauce you can add sauce on top of all your shells after stuffing.
- Add shredded cheese and parsley to top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy