Tonight was Hamburger Night and nothing pairs better with a Bacon Cheeseburger like Potatoes! I prepared these Crispy Baked Potato Wedges straight in the oven, of course I had to do a little pre boiling first, but the oven did most of the work tonight.
Pre-Boiling Potatoes: Make sure to pre boil potatoes before adding them to the oven to help soften before baking. Baking the potatoes raw may take a while longer to cook through, especially if they’re thicker sized wedges.
Adding Oil to Potatoes: Adding oil is just a personal preference. With or without the oil, the potatoes will still crisp up, but the oil makes them extra crispy. Adding Olive Oil also carries more flavor.
Crispy Baked Potato WedgesCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Extra crispy Potato Wedges baked to perfection in oven.
3-4 Russet Potatoes that are relatively large in size.
- Equipment Needed`
- Rinse Potatoes off to remove any dirt. Slice Potatoes in half vertically, then into wedges.
- Add Potatoes to large pot, adding only enough water to cover all wedges. Boil on high heat for 4-5 minutes. Once Potatoes are done, strain potatoes to drain water. While straining potatoes, shake strainer side to side to roughen edges. Thoroughly dry potatoes for extra crispy results.
- Drizzle Olive Oil to potatoes and add seasonings. Use hand to toss and coat generously.
- On top of baking sheet, place cooling rack and lay wedges straight across, skin side down.
- Bake on 400 for 35-40 minutes.