When I do choose to eat out at restaurants, if I see anything pertaining to Spinach Dip I immediately ordered it. It’s just one of my go-to appetizers when I eat out, well that and chicken wings. I’m clearly a sucker for Spinach Dip. The good thing about dip is that you can serve it for almost any event like birthday parties, home-warmings, game nights, literally any event you can think of. The only tips I have for this is to always use fresh produce when making any dips in my opinion. Fresh screams more flavor over a pack of Spinach from the frozen section in the grocery store, especially in a dish like this being that spinach is the main ingredient.
Creamy Homemade Spinach DipCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The Best Homemade Creamy 6-Cheese Spinach Dip
1 Cup Sour Cream
8 oz Cream Cheese, Room Temp (1 Block)
8 oz Italian Blend Cheese Shredded
5 oz bag Spinach ( Preferably Fresh)
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Mince Garlic
1/2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1 tbsp Water or Olive Oil
- Bread for Dipping
1 French Baguette Loaf
1 Stick Butter, Melted
- Spinach Dip
- Mix Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, and Italian Blend Cheese in mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add Spinach and water or oil to sauce pan and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted. Once Spinach is done prepare to shred it. You can simply do this by slicing it into small bites or you can pull the spinach apart with a fork, whichever you prefer.
- Add Spinach into Cream Cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place Dip into medium sized skillet or 2 inch quart size cast iron skillet and spread evenly. Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes on 350
- This step is optional, but if you want your cheese on top to have a browner finish you can place it on broil for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with your choice of chips or bread and enjoy!
- Bread “Chips” for Dip
- Take loaf of French Baguette and slice into thin pieces.
- Take melted butter and coat front and bake side of bread
- Place on non-stick baking sheet and baked on 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes. Be sure to flip bread to get it toasted evenly on both sides after 2 minutes.
- Now some love artichokes in their Spinach Dip, but I decided to leave them out because not everyone eat artichokes in my home. If you did need to add them you could follow the same instructions for the spinach, but just a few pieces of artichoke would be fine also.