I just love when I get asked where I’m from and I proudly say “Louisiana”. The home of amazing soul food and even better tasting seafood! My family and I have Seafood Boils throughout the year, but we find ourselves having many of them during the summer. There’s nothing like good company and food. Although I don’t live there anymore, Seafood boils will forever be something I make. There’s only one thing different now and that is we no longer having “Down Home Smoked Sausages” which saddens me, but when I do visit home I make sure I bring packs back home to freeze.
Down below you will find my version of a Cajun Seafood Boil, minus the Crawfish. This is how I will forever make it. I always add B Love Sauce into a turkey bag to coat everything, but feel free to coat your seafood boil with whatever you prefer.
Cajun Seafood BoilCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
2-4 Lobsters (Whole or Tails)
12 oz Shrimp
2-4 lb Crab Legs
14 oz Sausages
6-8 Corn on the cob
1 lb small Red Potatoes
1 whole Garlic Clove
4-6 whole eggs
1 Turkey Bag (19in x 23.5 in)
2 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2-3 Cups Shrimp/ Crab Boil (this depends on how hot you prefer your boil)
- In Stainless Steel Stockpot fill halfway up with water. Bring to boil.
- Add whole garlic clove, onion, onion powder, garlic powder and 1-2 cups of crab boil into water (if you like spicy you could add 2-3 cups of crab boil, for milder taste 1 cup will do) boil for 5 minutes
- Add corn and potatoes to stockpot. Cook for 5-10 minutes
- Add all seafood and eggs into the same pot. Cook for 10-15 minutes are until Lobster Tails are bright red and curled.
- Transfer everything into turkey bag. Serve with “B Love Seafood Sauce” or butter sauce.